Due to significant shifts in weather conditions resulting in both a current and forecasted continued low risk of wildfires, the Lebanon County Commissioners have lifted the temporary burn ban effective immediately.
Lebanon County Department of Emergency Services would like to remind everyone that even though the burn ban is being lifted, steps should still be taken to ensure outdoor fires are always safe and controlled.
• Never leave a fire unattended.
• If you must use fireworks, make sure you do so in a responsible manner.
• Keep other combustible materials far away from outdoor fires. FEMA recommends a 25-foot safety zone around the fire.
• Always be aware of embers or sparks leaving the fire.
• Keep a close eye on the daily wildfire danger maps and adjust your outdoor fire-related activities accordingly. Maps can be found at https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/Communities/Wildfire/Pages/default.aspx
• Make sure you know the local laws governing outdoor burning, including municipal-level ordinances.